Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:50:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Arthur Peet <arthur.peet@toltec.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bpf/netgraph interaction

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Arthur Peet wrote:

> >Use the Source Luke!
>
> Thanks, Obi! :)  I REALLY appreciate your response.
>
> >as you see, bpf copies are taken before netgraph processing..
> >and non-netgraph bridging occurs after that.
>
> It appears to me that if I switched the order  in which the processing
> occurs and recompiled the kernel, the function would be absolutely broken.
> i.e I would never get to the BPF tap.  Is this true?

yes, and in this case, packets REinjected by netgraph
never see the bridge code.
because they are re-injected at a later stage of processing.

> Are there any other taps I may access in order to accomplish this goal?

I forget the goal. sorry

> On another note - my kernel - 4.4-Release did not have the following line
> between the two if statements:
>
> >         ifp->if_ibytes += m->m_pkthdr.len + sizeof (*eh);
>
> Is it time for me to upgrade?

If you are working from sources, then it's usually worth
tracking the altest version..

cvsup
make world
make kernel
mergemaster
reboot

it's not that much work :-)
(once you have the cvsup set up correctly)