Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:42:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Cejka Rudolf <xcejka00@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fxp0: Hard bug???

This is continuation of my problem "DISKLESS & fxp0" from
freebsd-questions.

I have box with Intel EtherExpress 100B network card. If I provide local
boot, everythink is OK (directly from EasyBoot & hard drive) - great.
But if I'm trying to boot FreeBSD after network login (MSDOS), fxp0
interface is totally unusable. At this time I know, that problems occur
after running "lsl.com" and "e100bodi.com". So if I run "e100bodi.com" in
DOS, I can't boot and run FreeBSD via "fbsdboot.exe" - kernel all the time
writes "fxp0: device timeout"... Grr...

_BUT_ after adding two lines:

        CSR_WRITE_4(sc, FXP_CSR_PORT, FXP_PORT_SOFTWARE_RESET);
        DELAY(10);

in fxp_init() function, kernel boots well!

I think, there _must_ be hard bug in initialization of Intel
EtherExpress 100B card in if_fxp.c. Am I right?