Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:07:35 -0500
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@x.it.okstate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Procmail Decoding Mime Messages

	Is there a filter that one can run in procmail in which
base64 encoded data go in and text comes out so one can allow
procmailrc to do its work?

	I use bogofilter to filter spam and it does a very good
job after one builds a core of spammishness, but legitimate
messages are often-times filled with base64 sections that look
like garbage to the regular expressions that one puts in
.procmailrc for sorting mail.

	When searching for information, I found something called
mimencode which both encodes and decodes these attachments, but
there is no FreeBSD port called mimencode so it occurred to me
that some other application might exist which is in the ports
that does basically the same thing.

	Is there anything which will take a raw email message
and spit out linear strings which can be processed like normal
text?

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick