Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:08:24 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wing Tim <twchim1@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Programming Problem II

We now do have evidence that your MUS mutilates text.

On Friday, 17 August 2001 at 13:56:00 +0800, Wing Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:13:43 +0930, Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 16 August 2001 at 20:43:12 +0800, Wing Tim wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>     I have a program "s.c" (as attached).
>>>
>>> [-- Attachment #2: s.zip --]
>>> [-- Type: application/x-zip-compressed, Encoding: base64, Size: 29K --]
>>>
>>> [-- application/x-zip-compressed is unsupported (use 'v' to view this part) --]
>>
>> I doubt that many people will go to the trouble to extract this file.
>> If you use a non-mutilating MUA (and there's no other evidence that
>> you don't), you can just attach the file.
>>
>>  I placed it in the root and tried
>>> to compile it using "gcc s.c". However, I got lots of errors as follows:
>>> # gcc s.c
>>> s.c:295: syntax error before `int'
>>
>> Without looking at the source, I'd guess that the word before int is a
>> typedef of some kind, and you haven't included the header file in
>> which it's defined.
>
>     Here is the file without zipping.
>
> [-- Attachment #2: s.c --]
> [-- Type: application/octet-stream, Encoding: base64, Size: 108K --]
>
> [-- application/octet-stream is unsupported (use 'v' to view this part) --]

This is barely an improvement.

Your original question was borderline for this group anyway.  Your
source file is very long, and you don't seem to have tried my
suggestion.  You'll find quite a bit of help here, but you won't find
many people willing to do your work for you.  If the problem persists
after you consider my suggestions, make a smaller example program,
find an MUA which doesn't gratuitously wrap text, and send another
message.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.