Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:05:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PORTOBJFORMAT == elf ?

Upgrade to the latest version of bsd.port.mk.

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Palle Girgensohn wrote:

# Hi!
#
# I've read about elf making it's move into FreeBSD.
# I have problems with ports giving the following error:
#
# ===>  Cleaning for gmake-3.77
# "Makefile", line 24: Malformed conditional (${PORTOBJFORMAT} == "elf")
# "Makefile", line 24: Need an operator
# "Makefile", line 26: if-less else
# "Makefile", line 26: Need an operator
# "Makefile", line 28: if-less endif
# "Makefile", line 28: Need an operator
# make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
# *** Error code 1
#
# Stop.
# *** Error code 1
#
# Stop.
#
#
# How can I get around this?
#
# uname -a reveals:
# FreeBSD trumpet.partitur.se 2.2.7-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: Thu
# Sep  3 05:15:05 CEST 1998
# root@trumpet.partitur.se:/usr/src/sys/compile/TRUMPET  i386
#
#
# Thanks for your time!
#
# /Palle
#
# To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
# with "unsubscribe freebsd-ports" in the body of the message
#