Date:      Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:17:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      just matt <matt@dqc.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Speed of hauppauge multichannel display ?

the windows software doesn't really "play multiple channels at once", it
just splits up a window into 16 smaller windows and takes consecutive
freeze frames of the channels.  It takes about a second and a half per
freeze frame, and often the picture is scewed or broken.  Not very
impressive if you ask me.  It's alot like the channel guide feature on the
RCA ProScan televisions.  I do have to give the windows software a bit of
credit though, it changes channels incredibly fast when not implementing
the "multiple channels at once(kindof)" feature.  So don't feel bad,
you're not missing anything software wise.

		Matt