Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:05:41 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        vikashb@mweb.co.za
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unable to send messages to freebsd-questions

From: vikashb@mweb.co.za
Subject: Unable to send messages to freebsd-questions
Date: Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 05:24:39AM +0000

> Greetings,
>
> The email address experiencing this problem is :
> vikashb@pqafrica.co.za

Your email address is then <vikashb@pqafrica.co.za>.
Let's remember that.

> I am subscribed to the freebsd-questions list and I
> receive messages that are posted to freebsd-questions.

That means that all the mail FreeBSD.org tries to deliver to
the vikashb@pqafrica.co.za address delivers normally :)
Good to know, but not related to our problem for the moment.

> If I try to post a message to freebsd-questions
> I get the following error :
>
>       c=US;a= ;p=PQ Africa;o=NATIONAL;dda:SMTP=freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG;
>	    on 01/11/04 06:53 AM
>           The message was undeliverable because the recipient
>	    specified in the recipient postal address was not known
>	    at this address
> 	The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=PQ
>	    Africa;l=PSICS001-011102045206Z-1889
>	    MSEXCH:IMS:PQ Africa:NATIONAL:EXCHNS02 3450 (000B09AA)
>	    450 <exchns02.PQAfrica.co.za>: Helo command rejected: Host not found

The error code of the message, elaborately hidden by Microsoft
Exchange among a huge mess says:

	450 <exchns02.PQAfrica.co.za>: Helo command rejected: Host not found

That is the error message that the mail server of FreeBSD.org has
returned to the sending Exchange server.  It basically says that the
mail apparently originates from a host claiming to be named
exchns02.PQAfrica.co.za, but that name can not be resolved to an IP
address.  So the mail is dropped.  Let's check:

	$ host exchns02.PQAfrica.co.za
	Host not found.

Your ISP hasn't set up resolving correctly, and the name your machine
tries to use does not resolve correctly to an IP address.

You should ask for assistance at your ISP's tech support about the
best thing to do in this case :(