Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:14:49 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: login failure for DES encrypted accounts

Hi Erick,

> :: since my upgrade to 4.7-STABLE on Friday I'm not able to login or su for
> :: accounts, which use DES encrypted passwords. Accounts with MD5 encrypted
> :: passwords however work as expected.

root # cat /etc/auth.conf
#
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/auth.conf,v 1.4.2.1 2001/07/13 14:37:26 dd Exp $
#
# This file contains information on what types of authentication to use.
# It is just the beginnings of a greater scheme.

# crypt_default =       md5 des
# auth_list     =       passwd kerberos

auth_list       =       passwd
root #

I never fiddled with this one. As I wrote it worked one week ago and
stopped working on last Friday.

Ciao
Siegbert