Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:07:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@ns2.freenix.org>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin/newfs newfs.8 newfs.c

:
:Like 8k/1k for <1GB and 16k/2k for >1GB ? Can be done I think. I'll have a
:look at that but bde has probably already written that patch years ago :-)
:--
:Ollivier ROBERT -=- Eurocontrol EEC/ITM -=- Ollivier.Robert@eurocontrol.fr
:FreeBSD caerdonn.eurocontrol.fr 5.0-CURRENT #6: Thu Aug 10 17:36:11 CEST 2000
:

    This sounds like a good idea to me, though '1GB' is somewhat arbitrary
    it does make sense to some degree and it ought to be trivial to add to
    newfs.  If you submit your patches to me and/or to -hackers I will review
    it.

    note: we shouldn't default to anything other then 8K/1K or 16K/2K.  No
    other combinations are optimal at the moment.

						-Matt