Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 95 10:38:36 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        muir@idiom.com (David Muir Sharnoff)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: how to get OS-BS to see FreeBSD 950210-SNAP w/o clobbering DOS & Linux?

> Got a slight problem:  OS-BS claims that there is "No operating system"
> when I try to boot FreeBSD.   I can boot fine by using the boot floppy
> and telling it to boot off sd(0,a)/kernel.

Need pfdisk output for the drive from a boot from a DOS floppy and a
boot from the DOS partition of the HD.

If the floppy one shows a single partition of drive type 0x54, then
you need to add 63 cylinders to the apparent location of the slice.

It's important to know for an absolute certainty if it's the DOS MBR,
OS-BS, or the BSD BIOS boot that is claiming no operating system.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.