Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2017 07:08:48 -0700
From:      Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?R2Vycml0IEvDvGhu?= <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fw: 100.chksetuid handging on nfs mounts

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 6:34 AM, Gerrit K=C3=BChn <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> As I got no response at all on freebsd-fs, I try again here...
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 09:04:51 +0100
> From: Gerrit K=C3=BChn <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de>
> To: freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
> Subject: 100.chksetuid handging on nfs mounts
>

> Hello all,
>
> I just found that the daily security job on a system here was hanging on
> chksetuid due to a defunct nfs server. Specifically, it turned out that i=
> was hanging on this find:
>
> ---
> find -sx / /dev/null -type f \( -perm -u+x -or -perm -g+x -or -perm -o+x
> \) \( -perm -u+s -or -perm -g+s \) -exec ls -liTd \{\} \+
> ---
>

> My understanding up to now was that "-x" should prevent find from
> accessing mounted nfs dirs (/ is on local disk, the hanging nfs mounts
> are somewhere under /data/...). Why does the thing still hang, and how ca=
> I prevent this?
>

> cu
>   Gerrit

This is a known bug.  It happens when an NFS filesystem is mounted on the
same mountpoint as a local filesystem.  It's fixed by [1] and MFCed by [2]
and [3].  What version are you using?

[1] https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D306048
[2] https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D306642
[3] https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D306644