Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:42:34 -0600
From:      Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>
To:        Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: games/bzflag 1.10 released! please update

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 01:27:02PM -0500, Charles Swiger wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2003, at 12:54 PM, Nuno Teixeira wrote:
> >Hello Charles,
> >
> >It works!!! Thank you very much!
>
> You're welcome.
>
> >You were very fast, really fast updating this port. Can you be the
> >maintainer of it? :)
>
> If you wish.  (TAG!  I'm it, I guess...  :-)

If you every want to drop off as maintainer or need a hand, I'd be
willing to help out. I work with one of the developers, so I can
walk over and smack him until he takes a fix... :) (was going to
offer to take maintainership after work, butcha beat me to it)

> [ ... ]
> >The shell archive that you send me contains formating errors. When I
> >corrected it the port generated also contains formating errors in
> >Makefile like: spaces instead of tabs, wrong inlines, etc, things that
> >make make fails. Well, these errors are very easy to fix and if you
> >want I can fix it for you. You have already spend your knoledge and
> >time
> >on this.
>
> I'm not surprised; pasting the shar file inline into mail tends to do
> that sort of thing, but the FreeBSD mailing lists also tend to discard
> file attachments, so what else can you do?

run "send-pr -a /path/to/the/patch" on fbsd? :)

<snip>

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.