Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2019 14:50:21 +0900
From:      Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   nvdXpY dissapears while ZFS pool on it is imported

Hi.

By sets of commits starting from r351355 though r351747, nvd driver
creates partitioned GEOM provider like /dev/nvd0p1.

Unfortunately, these partitioned GEOM providers dissapears when
importing ZFS pool on it leaving /dev/nvd0, and re-appears when
exporting the pool.

Mounting filesystems other than ZFS (at least msdosfs) doesn't
affect.

Details:

I recently got ThinkPad P52 having one NVMe SSD and one 2.5 inch
SATA SSD.
NVMe SSD has stable/12 and SATA SSD has head on it.
Both are partitioned and installed on old ThinkPad T420, using
UltraBay slim adapter for SATA, and USB converter for NVMe,
without using installer and placed into P52, removing Windoze HDD.
Both are ROOT-on-ZFS.
Swap on NVMe SSD is specified using diskid in fstab.

At first, I didn't noticed the problem as head with before-mentioned
commits gracefully creates nvd0p*.
But I noticed stable/12 having before-mentioned commits MFC'ed
(r351903 through r351914) creates only nvd0 just as before.

Importing pool on SATA SSD from stable/12 on NVMe does NOT affect.

I tried importing on NVMe SSD from head on SATA, and noticed
nvd0p* disappears leaving nvd0, and re-appears on export.

Any solutions?

Regards.

--
Tomoaki AOKI    <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>