Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:43:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Driver for D-Link DWL-650 card?

> Does anyone know if one of the existing 802.11b drivers will work with
> the D-Link DWL-650 card? There are some great prices out there on this
> one, plus a rebate offer through the end of July.
>
> --Brett

Somebody showed me one of these at USENIX and asked me to make it
work for them. You need the latest if_wi driver from -stable or
-current, but it will work. These are PRISM II cards. The only
glitch is that reading the station address during the driver attach
phase sometimes fails, so I tweaked the driver to try reading it
twice. This is why you need the latest 4.3-STABLE or 5.0-CURRENT
driver.

-Bill