Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:42:54 -0000
From:      Hendrik Scholz <hscholz@raisdorf.net>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Re: pf 1.59 and ALTQ install trouble

Hi!

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 09:22:35AM -0700, cipherbk wrote:
> Right, I indeed received 0 (which I expected) in response to the
> strings command, which furthers my belief that the install instructions
> are incomplete, as I followed them verbatim.

Just build a kernel including 'options ALTQ'. strings did show that
your kernel does NOT contain ALTQ but the install instructions stated you
should include it (README.ALTQ iirc).

Just add the option to your kernel and do
$ cd /sys/i386/compile/FOO && make clean
$ cd /sys/i386/conf && config FOO
$ cd ../compile/FOO && make depend && make && make install
$ strings /boot/kernel/kernel |grep -c altq_lookup

Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz@raisdorf.net> - http://raisdorf.net/

drag me, drop me - treat me like an object