Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:57:42 +0530 (IST)
From:      "S.RadhaKrishna" <singuru@wipinfo.soft.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   multicast set ttl value... (fwd)

 Hi all,
    I'm using the following call to set the ttl value (after doing a successful
 socket call)
 ------
      ttl=5;
      if (setsockopt(sockfd, IPPROTO_IP, IP_MULTICAST_TTL,
                             (char *)&ttl, sizeof(ttl)) < 0)
      {
           printf("\nserv.c: setting of TTL value failed \n");
           perror("setsockopt");
           exit(1);
      }
 ---------
 It works on unix but not on NT/98. I tried declaring "ttl" as
char/int/short.  But it didn't help. I would be thankful if any one can
provide me some help on this.
PS: I'm sorry if I've posted the question in the wrong group. Would be
happy if any one can direct me to the proper group.

 regards
 radha