Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 12:00:59 -0800
From:      "David R. Myers" <david.r.myers@boeing.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot Manager Problem

I have recently moved my FreeBSD instl from my second hard drive (1.6
gig Western Digital) to my primary drive (Western Digital 540 Mb). All
works fine on the new drive with the exception of the boot manager.
After moving BSD I used fdisk to delete the Unix partition from the
second hard drive. When I boot the computer boot easy displays three
options- Dos, FreeBSD, and the second, now unused drive. How can I
modify boot manager to
remove this old information?

With regard to the original installation I have tried to re-partition
the second hard drive to rebuild my Win95 system but I am having
problems with fdsik. I can delete partitions from this disk but when I
try to add a dos partition fdisk just hangs. I believe there are some
remnants of FreeBSD on the original disk which are interfering with the
fdisk procedure. Can you suggest a fix?

					David R. Myers
					david.r.myers@boeing.com