Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 17:50:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      root@monsta.privatelabs.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        pkern@utcc.utoronto.ca
Subject:   ports/22671: new port: security/sst -- yet another SSL wrapper

>Number:         22671
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       new port: security/sst -- yet another SSL wrapper
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:

	The nice thing about this one, is that it can be used
	entirely as a pipe. In fact, for network usage, it spawns
	off netcat.

	There is a patch for Amanda out there (by the same author),
	which makes it easy to tell amanda to encrypt the backups
	using SSL as they are sent from the clients to the server.

	That patch uses sst...

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	sst
#	sst/distinfo
#	sst/pkg-comment
#	sst/pkg-descr
#	sst/files
#	sst/files/Makefile
#	sst/Makefile
#	sst/pkg-plist
#
echo c - sst
mkdir -p sst > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - sst/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >sst/distinfo << 'END-of-sst/distinfo'
XMD5 (sst.tar.gz) = cb1a2290ab0554381c778d147bab4dd7
END-of-sst/distinfo
echo x - sst/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >sst/pkg-comment << 'END-of-sst/pkg-comment'
XA simple SSL tunneling tool (uses netcat)
END-of-sst/pkg-comment
echo x - sst/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >sst/pkg-descr << 'END-of-sst/pkg-descr'
XSst  can  be used to connect to SSL-encrypted network ser-
Xvices or it can be used as an  SSL  front-end  to  network
Xservers.   Sst  can  be used interactively, or in an inetd
Xsetting, or it can be embedded inside other programs  (eg.
XAmanda).
XOne of the main goals of sst is to be as basic as possible
Xso in most non-embedded cases sst uses netcat to setup the
Xnetworking  I/O.  Sst uses a socketpair(2) pipe to stay in
Xcontact with its netcat child process.  In  this  way  sst
Xonly has to concern itself with file descriptors.
XIn the embedded mode sst expects the parent program to set
Xup the networking I/O and to provide the appropriate  file
Xdescriptors.   In  embedded client mode ("-c"), clear data
Xis read from (or written to) stdin  (fildes  0)  and  SSL-
Xencrypted data is read from (or written to) stdout (fildes
X1).  In embedded server mode ("-s"), SSL-encrypted data is
Xread  from  (or written to) stdin and clear data read from
X(or written to) stdout.
XWWW: http://utcc.utoronto.ca/~pkern/stuff/sst/
END-of-sst/pkg-descr
echo c - sst/files
mkdir -p sst/files > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - sst/files/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >sst/files/Makefile << 'END-of-sst/files/Makefile'
XPROG=sst
XBINDIR=${PREFIX}/sbin
XMANDIR=${PREFIX}/man/man
XCFLAGS+=	-DCONFDIR='"${OPENSSLDIR}"' -DCERTF='"certs/sst.pem"' \
X		-DNETCAT='"${PREFIX}/bin/nc"' -I${OPENSSLINC}
XLDADD+=	-L${OPENSSLLIB} -lssl -lcrypto
X.include <bsd.prog.mk>
END-of-sst/files/Makefile
echo x - sst/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >sst/Makefile << 'END-of-sst/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	sst
X# Date created:		Nov 7, 2000
X# Whom:			Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	sst
XPORTVERSION=	1.0
XCATEGORIES=	security
XMASTER_SITES=	http://utcc.utoronto.ca/~pkern/stuff/sst/
XDISTNAME=	${PORTNAME}
XMAINTAINER=	mi@aldan.algebra.com
XRUN_DEPENDS=	nc:${PORTSDIR}/net/netcat
XUSE_OPENSSL=	YES
XMAN1=		sst.1
XMANCOMPRESSED=	maybe
XMAKEFILE=	${FILESDIR}/Makefile
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-sst/Makefile
echo x - sst/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >sst/pkg-plist << 'END-of-sst/pkg-plist'
Xsbin/sst
END-of-sst/pkg-plist
exit