Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:38:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Joel Eusebio <joel@tilapia.pang.pworld.net.ph>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.conf

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Joel Eusebio wrote:

> Hi All,
> I edited the rc.conf to accomodate natd and firewalling but I think I
> placed something wrong there so my box won't boot normally it lands on a
> /bin/sh. I tried to edit the rc.conf file but it says read only. What is
> the best way to resolve this problem. Thanks a lot.

Just mount your root partition manually. 'mount /' should do it. Then fix
rc.conf and reboot.

hth

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/