Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:21:48 +1300
From:      Joe Abley <jabley@patho.gen.nz>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple MAC filters on a local multi-access interface

Hi,

Is there an interface to:

 + determine whether a local multi-access interface (e.g. ethernet)
   is capable of filtering more than one unicast MAC address?

 + modify the MAC filter on a local interface?

Application is support of VRRP (RFC2338), for which the virtual router
addresses need to be associated with an overloaded (i.e. non-local)
unicast MAC address.

I'm hunting through the kernel, but have yet to find any clean
interface to do this. I'm quite happy to implement such an
interface, but some advice on an acceptable approach would be
most welcome.

Joe

--
Ua lawa küpono ka hakahaka pä o këia pä malule