Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:48:50 -0500
From:      Robert Blayzor <rblayzor@inoc.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell PowerEdge 1855

I'd like to know if anyone has experience with the Dell PowerEdge 1855
blade servers running on either FreeBSD_4 or FreeBSD_5.

I'm looking to deploy several servers and I know that the 1850's will
run just fine.

I have concerns over the PERC4/im and the ethernet controllers on the
1855's.  I assume since the 1855's have Intel Gig-E controllers they use
the em driver, which I've had good luck with in the past.

Apparently the 1855's integrated RAID uses the LSI (mpt) driver.  I've
heard mixed results on this with earlier versions of 4.x and 5.x, but
nothing in the latest releases, 4.10+ and 5.3.

Can anyone share their experiences with performance and stability on
these machines?

TIA

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0