Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 1995 11:36:44 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nik Clayton <Nik.Clayton@brunel.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X

More an X problem, but someone else might have seen it.

I've just installed 2.0.5 (latest SNAP) and X86 3.1.1.

However, if do 'startx' after instlaling X, it complains that xinit
can't find the server. Specifically, that 'X' is no in my path.

This despite the fact that /usr/X11R6/bin is definitely in the path, and
both "which X" and "which XF86_SVGA" return the correct locations. In
addition, I can do "startx -- /usr/X11R6/bin/X" and it works correctly.

So it's not exactly a life threatening problem, but a bit of a curiosity
none the less.

=-[Opinion, n: See the above text for an example]=-=[Kibo #: e]-[RYRYRY]=-=
=-[The Silly Sod Society: To perfect and to swerve]=-[beable]-=[TP U BG]=-=
Happiness: An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery
of another.