Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 12:57:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Rob King <dimwit@pernet.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org

Hi all,
  I'm writing a server that multiplexes a MySQL connection to several
clients. Since the connection has to be shared, I can't fork(), I have to
thread. This isn't a problem, except that when I accept() and assign a
socket descriptor, the first thread runs fine, but the next thread simply
grabs the descriptor (since it's shared) from the previous thread and
starts doing all its writing to that socket. Any idea how to get around
this? If there's any good example code, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rob

--
dimwit@pernet.net