Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:15:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Heyer <john@snake.supranet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nothing logged to syslog

I've recently been having random problems with two of my logs
(/var/log/maillog and /var/log/daemon.log) being empty after they are
rotated on my 4.1 system.  For example, nothing has been logged to
/var/log/maillog even though I'm sending and receiving messages.  This is
really odd because I haven't modified syslog.conf or newsyslog.conf in
months.  What's more bizarre is this will happen for a day, then be fine
for a few days, then happen again.  I've tried running newsyslog from the
command line and restarting syslogd.  Any ideas?

--
Johh Heyer - john@personal.supranet.net - http://heyer.supranet.net

"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!"  -- Ralph Wiggam