Date:      	Wed, 21 Aug 1996 18:10:12 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Yuri Shemanin <yuri2@stu.neva.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5R & ATAPI CDROM Problems

Hello all,

I'm not sure that info is of any value, but I've resolved my CD problems
with following change in atapi.c (atapi_wait() function):

397c397
< 	if (cnt <= 0 && (s != 0xff))
---
> 	if (cnt <= 0)

I have GoldStar 542B & 2.1.5R and there were big problems with its recognition
while booting. Fast investigation showed that the hellish device returned 0xff
byte instead of unsetting BUSY bit while probing, so not being any kind of
ATAPI expert I used the above dirty hack. After that I have one extra
message "unknown phase" at console but all problems flied away.

Regards, Yuri.

P.S. CD worked well under OS/2 & DOS.