Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:40:17 GMT
From:      Peter Findeisen <p88f@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/103192 "No CD/DVD devices found" while installing FreeBSD

The following reply was made to PR i386/103192; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Findeisen <p88f@yahoo.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org, remko@FreeBSD.org, linimon@FreBSD.org
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:08:27 -0800 (PST)

 Hi folks,

 I have experienced the same dreadful message "No CD/DVD devices found!
 ..." while trying to install FreeBSD 6.1. This happens after I
 partitioned the drive, set some installation options, and proceeded to
 install from CD-ROM.

 This is puzzling, because I booted from the CD. The CD-ROM is a Mitsumi
 FX140, I think this is a plain ATAPI CD-ROM.

 This is my first contact with FreeBSD. I'll be happy to provide more
 info if needed, but please give me detailed instructions on how to
 capture log files, etc. I'm new to FreeBSD ...

 Thanks,

 Peter