Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:28:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Faissal ABDALLAH" <abdallah.faissal@wanadoo.fr>
To:        <lauri@kde.org>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>, <kde@freebsd.org>, <kde@mail.kde.org>

hi,
thanks all (especially lauri) for ur help but can anyone give me a hint a=
bout what is the best way on installing the new ports in freebsd 4.5 cause=
 it ships only with kde 2.2.2 and i didn't updated the ports yet... some o=
f the questions might be silly or simle for a lot of u... so i'm hoping th=
at u won't be laghing at me ;-)

=091. i have previously copied all of the kde 3.0 tarballs (.tgz) from a =
mirror ftp (as lauri asked me) and copied them on a CD, what should i do t=
o make them work=3F i don't know how to update ports, any hints, docs for =
this update would be highly appreciated

=092. i noticed during the installation that i need to run "ldconfig -m .=
..." so that shared library contains the qt and after a reboot every thing=
 i did is lost. how can i include all my shared libraries on system boot=3F=

=093. i use the bash shell and i configured in the .profile to include so=
me PATH directory and every thing goes well logging in as simple user but =
when i "su" no more additionnal path is seen!

one last thing, please cc me cause i'm not in the list