Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:34:02 -0600
From:      David Webster <dwebster@bhmi.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCSI-3 vrs. ATA

Agreed.  I know sometimes people are on tight budgets, but if this
server is for a business, going cheap will cost you plenty, not in just
down time but lost productivity as well.  if you can afford it in any
way get your self a reputable Raid controller and at least three
10,000RPM Ultrawide SCSI drives from someone like Seagate in a Raid5
array.  The cost is WELL worth it.  Can't imagine running an UltraDMA
drive in a server.

But if you're just screwing around at home, who cares????