Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 1996 20:47:36 -0800
From:      "Mark J. Crosland" <mjc@accessone.com>
To:        freebsd-install@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI 2.1.5 install, no hard drives...

Hello,
Posted to newsgroup, no response.  Any hints/clues appreciated.
I have FreeBSD 2.1.5 CDs, ncr 5cC810 SCSI contoller, 2 SCSI HDs and
a SCSI CD-Rom.  Booted boot.flp.  Lots of stuff detected, ncr0 detects
the 2 HDs and CD and prints out info on each device.  So I choose one
of the installation options that leads me to want to fdisk something
and am quickly informed I have no hard drives.  Read the FAQ, doc on the
boot floppy, etc...  nothing obvious.  Tried loading boot.flp followed
by fixit.flp.  Still no ncr0.  Thought about mknod ncr0, but wasn't
sure about major/minor.  Seems strange that ncr0 is active early in
the boot process, then goes away.
How do I get the SCSI drivers/devices active so I can install ?
Mark Crosland
mjc@accessone.com