Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:25:36 -0600
From:      mark_wright@datacard.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trouble using my xircom ethernet card

I'm trying to install RELEASE-4.2 on my laptop, and I'm having some trouble
with my Xircom CE2 pcmcia NIC.  I don't get any activity lights on my
dongle, and it can't find my DHCP servers when I try to do an FTP install.
If I go to virtual terminal 2, I see the following:

DEBUG: ioctl(3, TIOCCONS, NULL) = 0 (success)
Code 136 not found
Code 136 not found
code unknown ignored
Code 137 not found
Code 137 not found
code unknown ignored
xe0 at port 0x240-0x247 iomem 0xd0000-0xd0FFF irq 7 slot 1 on pccard1
xe0: Xircom CE2, bonding version 0x40
xe0: Ethernet address 00:80:c7:7b:97:8f
/etc/pccard_ether: not found
DEBUG: Add mapping for /dev/cuaa0 to sl0

When I do my FTP install, the install program sees my xe0.  I select it,
don't select ipv6, do select DHCP.  Then it just hangs fo a while before
giving up on DHCP.  No lights go on on the network dongle.

Any ideas?

Mark Wright
mwright@pro-ns.net