Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:54:37 +1000
From:      Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@comcen.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Openldap server install failure - openldap client conflict

I'm trying to install OpenLDAP as a server to "attempt" to try it out
for our network. The problem is the openldap client is already installed
for other apps as php, apache, asterisk, etc. So my question is: is it
possible to uninstall the client? Will the server include the client
required for these other apps?

And while I'm here... I tried installing the odbc backend, but it
conflicts with other apps as well. How can I have both the libiodbc and
unixodbc at the same time for openldap server (requires libiodbc), php5,
etc?

Cheers