Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 01:03:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        jau@aphrodite.funet.fi (Jukka Ukkonen)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec-2940 (pci) & SCSI disc

Lo and behold, Jukka Ukkonen once said:

> 	Is there anyone on this list having configured a pci version of
> 	Adaptec-2940 SCSI adapter and scsi discs in the kernel?
> 	It would be nice see a model of the relevant parts of an
> 	operational kernel configuration file before I modify my own
> 	kernel config.

   Since you didn't mention it, I'll assume you're using 2.1.  The
GENERIC kernel comes with Aha2940 support compiled in already, so
basically, it's just a matter of stripping out most of the other stuff
that you're not using.  Just leave the pci and scsi stuff in and you
should be okay.  You can also strip out the ahb device (and probably more).

   (Is this what you wanted, or did I miss something about your
question?  I'm more than happy to mail you one of my config files, if you
want it).

     -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)