Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:09:06 -0700
From:      James Pearson <jamesp@netstock.com>
To:        'uwi mAn' <uwi@delfi.lv>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SB

 - Add the following to your kernel file

# Enable Sound Card Support (Sound Blaster PCI 128)
device pcm 		#Creative, advance, and ESS sound cards
device pcm0 	at isa? port? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

 - recompile your kernel and reboot. If you don't know how to recompile your
kernel goto http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd/

cat dmesg

 - find the sound card line (example below)

pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1371> port 0xb800-0xb83f irq 5 at device 10.0 on pci0

- if it says pcm0 then

cd /dev && ./MAKEDEV snd0

- if it says pcm1 then

cd /dev && ./MAKEDEV snd1

- type "mixer" and you should now see your mixer settings. Reboot and your
all good. If you use X then you'll need to enable sound in your control
panel.

Hope that helps,
James