Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 00:59:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        mtaylor@cybernet.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2930U2 NOT supported

Mark J. Taylor wrote...

> It seems that the Adaptec 2930U2 is NOT supported.  It is 7890-based.
>
> The 2940U2 is supported.
>
> The PCI vendor id is, of course, 0x9005, and the device id is 0x0011.

Believe it or not, Adaptec has two PCI vendor IDs (0x9004 and 0x9005).
Their newer Ultra-2 chips use 0x9005, and their older Ultra chips use
0x9004.

> The 2940U2 has an id of 0x0010.
>

> Is there any plans to support the 2930U2 (which I bought today)?

Try adding the PCI ID into the PCI probe/attach code in the Adaptec
driver (sys/pci/ahc_pci.c).  (in ahc_probe(), stick it in the same case as
the 2940U2.)  My guess is that it will work okay.

I think that the fact that it isn't supported is just an oversight.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com