Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:07:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Grant Cooper <grant.cooper@nucleus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting Up a Log

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Grant Cooper wrote:

> I am trying to set up a simple log.
>
> First log is a log of ftpd daemon, but there is too much info. All I want is
> who logged in, and what time.
>
> Second, I want to do the same for telnet.
>
> Is there a primer for logging or am I going to have to create a C program to
> gather this information myself?

Try man syslog.conf

Also how each program logs depends on the program, so read its man page
(e.g., man ftpd).  You may have two l's at the end of the line in
inetd.conf--this gives you more information than one l.

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC