Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:52:14 -0700
From:      Erick Mechler <emechler@sendmail.com>
To:        behanna@zbzoom.net
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world fails

Check out http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/.  It will help you determine what
is acutally causing the error.

Erick Mechler
emechler@sendmail.com

At Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 06:45:52PM -0400, Chris BeHanna said this:
:: Doug Barton wrote:
::
:: >         Signals 10 and 11 are almost always hardware.
::
::     Not in my experience.  Signal 11 is usually the result of attempting to
:: dereference a NULL pointer.  Signal 10 is usually the result of attempting to
:: dereference a pointer that contains a garbage address.
::
::     At least, that's been my experience.  YMMV.
::
:: Regards,
:: Chris BeHanna
:: behanna@zbzoom.net
::
::
::
:: with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message