Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 04:08:45 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Karl Agee <kdagee2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems getting updates (still)

From: Karl Agee <kdagee2@yahoo.com>
Subject: problems getting updates (still)
Date: Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 10:14:15AM -0700

> Hi again, <still> having problems making cvsup
> download updates for my 4.0 system to update it to
> 4.3.  When I run
>
> $ cuvsup supfile

I'm assuming you mean `cvsup supfile' here.

> using the supfile from the handbook, and setting the
> server to cvsup8.freebsd.org (the closest one to me)

What supfile?  Can we see it, please?

> I get the following output:
>
> Cannot get IP address of my own host -- is its
> hostname correct?

This probably means that your /etc/hosts file does not contain IP
addresses for one or more of the IP's your network interfaces have.
What is your network setup ?

> I posted a question on this yesterday.  One respondent
> suggested I have dhcp running but not enabled.  It
> isnt running on my box.
>
> anything else I can do??

Provide us with more information.  Describing exactly what you did,
and including all the relevant information.  Any files that are
involved, information on the setup of your machine, including but not
limited to: network interfaces, how they are brought up, their
addresses, etc.

-giorgos