Date:      26 May 2001 21:54:23 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   jpilot-mail and FreeBSD ?

I'm using the jpilot port with the syncmal plugin. All runs ok: i can
sync my palm without any problem.

The only missing feature is about mail: there's no jpilot-mail port,
so i've downloaded the latest sources an built them. Now, jpilot see
the plugin and sync is ok: if i write a mail on the palm, i can see it
in jpilot after hotsync. The problem is about sending this mail (and
i'm afraid it's the same problem to get new mails). If i press the
send button from the mail plugin, i get the apparently correct SMTP
lines on the console but they do nothing (no new message in my mailq)

(...)
MAIL FROM:<jaco@teaser.fr> SIZE=1387
RCPT TO:<a.user@an.isp.fr>
DATA
sent 9 headers
sent 3 lines of data

I know jpilot-mail is considered Alpha but that's the only tool i've
found to send mail composed on my palm... If someone has a better
advice to do so, i will be very happy to hear about its experience.

        Thanks in advance,
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1294349941 secondes