Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:51:56 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Chris <chrcoluk@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linking problems with gcc 3.4.2 and glibc on 5.3-stable

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 12:03:28PM +0000, Chris wrote:
> there is also a bug which prevents compiling of ezbounce and psybnc, I
> wonder how much testing went into the new gcc compiler or was it just
> bundled into the release, considering this is the reccommended release
> for production server's now this is a bad oversight.

If you're going to make assertions of negligence, back them up with
facts or you just come across as trying to stir up trouble.  What
problems?  How would you suggest we prove that the next version of gcc
is free from bugs before we "bundle it into the release" (and maybe
you should also tell the gcc people as I'm sure they'd also love to
know)?

Kris
--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp--