Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:16:27 -0700
From:      Bill <bill@wagill.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where can I get upsd?

What is 'upsd'?

I'm hoping it is a deamon for communicating with an Uninterrupted Power
Supply unit.  I have an APC Back-UPS Pro 650, but the unix version of their
PowerChute software is "optional" and rather expensive.

If this is not what upsd is, is there software out there to communicate with
an APC Back-UPS Pro unit in order to do an orderly system shutdown during an
electrical power failure?

- Bill.