Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:13:59 -0700
From:      <soralx@cydem.zp.ua>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i am looking for a 5 volt signal

> :The output signals don't go straight from the chip - do they?
> :I've seen few KOhms resistors on most boards for each output pin.
> An external series resistor is there strictly for current
> limiting purposes.
Yep, that's why I asked if manufacturers usually put external
resistors.
I tried to short all the wires together and on the ground :)
from an old ISA paraller port controller card - it didn't blow up.
So the message to the author of this thread: check for resistors
on your mboard, if it's the old one, in series with the outputs,
so that you can be sure that you won't kill the controller
during experiments...

28.10.2002; 18:05:15
[SorAlx]  http://cydem.zp.ua/