Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 14:00:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Any Hardcards/Flashcards supported by FreeBSD?

Hi,

I am looking for a nonvolatile RAM card to use in FreeBSD machines.
These need to be high reliability machines, but "disk" size and speed are
not important. I think hardcards or FLASH cards would work well (ISA or PCI).

I have seen some old Quantum flashcards around, but they appear to be
discontinued. I need a product I can bank on getting consistently.
Anything over 65MB would be fine, and I think and IDE interface would be
the easiest to support.

Any suggestions?

I would consider PCMCIA if there is am ISA/PCI to PCMCIA card/hub. Is
such a beast made?

Thanks,
Kevin