Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 12:51:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
To:        jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quick start installation

John Fieber wrote:

> Forgive me for asking a stupid question (but I went from CP/M -->
> Amiga --> PC, and the phonomena of 1.2MB came and went during my
> Amiga years) but is this block size appropriate for 1.2MB
> floppies as well?

I thought about that just about the time the modem fired off the
last message.  I have not been a DOS weenie since running 2.11 on
my Seatle Computer Products Gazelle, a 10MHz 8086/8087 S-100 system.
Yea, S-100.  It seemed like a good idea at the time. :)

Anyway, as I recall, a 1.2 floppy uses 15 sectors/track and a 1.44
floppy uses 18 sectors/track.  So that would be bs=15k or bs=18k.
--
Jan Isley              Heroes have the shelf life of cottage cheese,
jan@bagend.atl.ga.us   and public memory is shorter than Dudley Moore.