Date:      20 Sep 2003 08:09:31 +0200
From:      sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller@gmx.net>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome-panel hangs on logout

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 10:49, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On 18 Sep 2003 07:59:08 +0200
> sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > i am running fbsd 5.1 release and gnome 2.2 with gnome-panel 2.2.2.2_1.
> > each time i try to logout the gnome panel hangs. i searched the mail
> > archives but found nothing about it. i wonder if i am the only one
> > having these problems ?
>
> What do you mean with "it hangs"? The problem I sometimes have: I press
> the logout button I've added to the panel, confirm the logout and it
> doesn't logs out. Usually I have at least one xterm open at this time,
> so I move the mouse over the xterm, sawfish changes the window focus to
> it and the logout proceeds. Do you talk about this behavior when you say
> "it hangs"?

i mean the process "hangs". after having clicked the logout menu entry
from the gnome menu it does not react on anything: no confirmation
dialog pops up, no logout. the rest of the gnome desktop is still
active. i can go on using my open apps - but the gnome panel is "dead".
i have to kill the process :(

thx
seb