Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:29:50 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Who's the keeper of the bktr driver?

G'day,

I have some fixes for the clipping in the bktr driver. Is there someone
who wants to review them before I commit them to -current? Roger?

The clipping doesn't handle clip rectangles aligned with the right edge,
nor does it handle many (often simple) combinations of clip rectangles.
I have fixes for these.

The clipping doesn't handle the number of rows in the interlaced mode -
it always uses the number of rows in the odd/even modes. This makes the
clipping coarser than it needs to be. I haven't fixed this. Should I?

The clipping code is awfully confusing to me. The X coordinates are
rows, not columns. I might be in the other hemisphere (upside down),
drive on the other side of the road, but on what planet are X coordinates
vertical??! Amancio, please come out for a beating. 8-)

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137