Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 06:00:51 +0000
From:      "Richard Shea" <richardshea@fastmail.fm>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/X11R6 and /usr/src - can i get rid of them ?

Hi - I've got machine running FreeBSD 3.4 which does not run X. I would
like free up some disk space. When I look around for things to throw I
found /usr/X11R6 and /usr/src both of which seem to be relatively
large.

Given that I never use X can I just delete /usr/X11R6 ?.

Similarly I think /usr/src is the source for large parts of the system.
In the past I have recompiled the kernel I presume if I got rid of this
I would not be able to do this in the future ? Or is it not kernel
source ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

richard shea.