Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 2002 01:48:55 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with USB Webcam under OHCI?

Hi -questions!

I'm having a strange problem with a USB Webcam under 4.6.2-RELEASE. The
cam is a Puretek PT-6007, which is supported by the graphics/vid port.
When connected into an old Compaq Deskpro, it works well, taking
pictures almost without issue.

Relevent parts of the Compaq's dmesg :
uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> port 0x2020-0x203f irq
11 at de
vice 20.2 on pci0
usb0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ugen0: OmniVision OV511 Camera, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2

However, when connected to an old no-name PC with a PCI USB adapter, it
appears to be configured no problem :

ohci0: <OPTi 82C861 (FireLink) USB controller> mem 0xef7ee000-0xef7eefff
irq 10 at device 9.0 on pci0
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: <OPTi 82C861 (FireLink) USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: OPTi OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ugen0: OmniVision OV511 Camera, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2

But when I try to use vid to take an image I get :

ohci_device_isoc_start: not implemented

on the console. Worse, the vid process hangs and if I try to kill it
(but not before then) the whole machine hangs!

I searched the archives and googled but I couldn't see anything
relevent. I do note that the controller that the cam worked on was UHCI,
but failed on an OHCI one. I've no idea if that's relevent though.

After the system hangs, I can still use CTL-ALT-ESC and get the "No
debugger in kernel" message, which I guess means if I compile in a
debugger then I could get some diagnostics from the kernel if someone
would like some.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Andrew.