Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:49:55 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        Jon Larssen <jonlarssen@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Bandwith management with IPFilter

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Jon Larssen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with IPFW we can have bandwidth management with dummynet. If I use IP Filter
> instead, what solution can I have for bandwidth management/traffic shaping?

ipf does filtering, and ipnat does NAT. Darren says he wants to keep
bandwidth management out of IPFilter. You have two choices:

1. install AltQ
2. Use dummynet. I use this one. ipf/ipnat for filtering, and ipfw/dummynet
   for traffic shaping. dont't forget to define IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
   since you are using ipf for filtering.

				Fer