Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 1997 19:34:17 -0400
From:      Joaquin Roig <74173.3311@compuserve.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cannot install

Hi,

My machine is a custom-made iP6-200MHz, 32MB RAM, Tekram 390U SCSI
controller, Micropolis Tomahawk 4.5GB SCSI hard disk, Plextor Plex12 SCSI
CD-ROM and Tseng LAbs ET6000 based 128-bit graphics card.  I currently have
Win95 and WinNT installed and runing and want to install FreeBSD.  I
downloaded the floppy image and the fix-it image along with a boot image
with the drivers for my SCSI controller and began installing FreeBSD with a
"Novice Installation" option, but when I get the warning about continuing
installing the installation process aborts and it tells me it couldn't
create the partitions.  I created one 180MB partition for FreeBSD (although
it is not formatted I specified the system to create a new file system) and
within this partition I created one 30MB swap and 150MB root and usr, etc.
slices with the label editor.  What can I do to install FreeBSD on my
system?  Thanks.

Jose,
74173.3311@compuserve.com