Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 18:12:36 +0500
From:      Saqib  Nyaz Khan <Skhan@khi.ncr.com.pk>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD, PPP and popper

Hi,

I have a setup, where I am using a freeBSD 2.2.7 stable version as a
mail server, my users connect to the this machine via dialin PPP
connections and pop their mails.

The setup initially ran fine. But of recent many problems seem to
cropped up, these are:

1) 	The PPP connection if due to some reason breaks the session on the
tun interface does not break. I was suggested to get the latest release
of ppp but that has not solved the problem. I have the "set Stopped 5"
phrase in my ppp.conf??

2) 	Of recent, the popper too behaves rather strangely, even after
establishing a ppp connection, my users  POP client ( Internet mail)
hang-up while sending and receiving, I get messages such as BrokenPIPE,
Popper hungup, this command is not supported  very frequently etc...

3) 	On my tun interfaces, I seem to get this "EchoReived: His magic
bad" error message.
4) 	Is there another POP3 server for FreeBSD other than popper, which
is much stable.

Will appreciate if someone could reply on skhan@khi.ncr.com.pk or
Saqib.Khan@Pakistan.ncr.com

ThanX